An online course, presented by Peter Isler, introducing sailors to Expedition
ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
The information age is hitting sailing full force. Today’s top racers use Expedition Tactical Navigation software to optimize racing strategy and boat performance on the fly (while also compiling data for later analysis). The Expedition online course introduces you to all of Expedition’s Navigation, Routing, Strategy and Performance features.
You’ll have unlimited access to review as often as you like. Using Expedition Software, two-time America’s Cup winning navigator and racing guru Peter Isler leads the program. After a walk-through of the setup and features of the software, Peter uses a combination of demonstrations, hands-on simulation exercises, and case studies.
You learn both inshore and offshore racing functions including:
- Customize/personalize settings
- Understand and operate navigation window
- Download and use different nautical charts
- Create a course and navigate
- Set up instrument output channels
- Improve utility of your sailing instrument data
- Understand and use Strip Chart for data analysis and instrument tuning
- Understand and use logging features
- Understand and use log player and simulator applications
- Load, insert, use and modify polars
- Understand and use starting line application
- Download and activate wind/tide GRIBs and read them in Expedition
- Understand and use sail chart/ sail selection tool
- Perform Weather routing tasks
- Create an Optimized Route
BEFORE TAKING THE COURSE
- Download Expedition 101 Webinar Table of Contents.
- Sign Up for the Webinar Recording.
- Download and install Expedition on a Windows PC/ Laptop
- Download sample files and assignments from the course contents page.
- Go through pre-course exercises. (Allow approximately 4 hours.)
- View the Webinar recording at your own pace.